The progress of today’s most popular tablet PC, Aakash tablet has been puzzled with storms since its beginning, with the latest being the rumor that Datawind, the manufacturer of Aakash tablet will no more be the supplier for its orders. The company has come forward to compress such speculations and left a statement, not only emphasizing their position as the only supplier, but also confirmed that they would be supplying the upcoming tender of 50,00,000 tablets.
Putting all the rumors to break about Datawind’s position in the present order and upcoming tenders of the Ministry of HRD, the HRD minister Kapil Sibal has stated that Datawind would continue supplying the Aakash tablet and upcoming enhancements as per the present order.
The HRD minstry will engage C-DoT and ITI to secure for the future needs. Clarifying this N.K.Sinha, Additional Secretary of the Ministry said, “as the Government do not have enough capabilities, they will need to engage other players”.
Datawind is eligible to bid for Aakash-2: Kapil Sibal
Union Minister for HRD, Kapil Sibal recently announced that the manufacturer of Aakash tablet, Datawind is pretty much here and is eligible to bid for Aakash-2 tender for acquiring 50 lakh tablets, to be put in 2 months.
“The current vendor, Datawind will need to supply the remaining 1 lakh tablets in the current contract. However, it can also bid for the upcoming tender,” he added, keeping rest of the speculations that Datawind was evicted.
Future tender will be for 50,00,000 tablets
“This justifies our position that Datawind carries out to be a serious player in the Aakash tablet supply both for the current orders of the HRD Ministry and also for future tenders”, said CEO of Datawind, Suneet Singh Tuli.
“We did not have any doubts on our status in the first place. With the recent announcement from the Ministry, things have been cleared to those who were wondering”, he said.
- Datawind Is Eligible To Bid For Aakash-2
- BSNL’s Tablet At Rs 3,250 To Compete with Aakash
- Upgraded Aakash Tablet To Be Available At Same Price: Kapil Sibal
- Aakash May Soon Be Free For Students
- Aakash 2 To Go Expensive With Better Features
- Aakash tablet PC’s production base will be diversified: Kapil Sibal
- 3 more IITs to work for making world’s cheapest Aakash Tablet cheaper
- Mumbai University receives 25000 bookings of Aakash Tablet
- Government to Bring Aakash 2 in April
- Govt to Issue Fresh Tenders For Aakash