In the course of complaints on the quality of the cheapest tablet, Aakash, the government on Monday stated that they are hopeful to bring out the upgraded version of the tablet, Aakash-II, by this April.
HRD Minister Kapil Sibal said, “To cater the great demand of Aakash among the public, we need many manufacturers to develop Aakash. We are enhancing the features according to the feedback we have got from Aakash-I. Hence we want to be sure that the upgraded version of the product caters to the requirements of the consumers. We have involved IIT in order to upgrade it. We will be able to bring in Aakash-II by April.”
Agreeing to the differences occurred between Aakash developers Datawind and the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Sibal said, “We believe in sorting out the issues rather than stressing them.”
According to sources, Kapil Sibal is going to meet the Director of IIT Rajasthan, officials from Datawind and MHRD Special Secretary to talk on the issue. The minister said, “At the time of Aakash-I launch, we did not have any feedback. We distributed the device to several college students to have the feedback. By gathering that feedback, we are now able to enhance the specifications.”
According to expert reports, college students around India can get advanced version of Aakash tablet PC at no extra cost. Aakash-2 will be 3 times faster than the original version and will have 50% extra battery life. The advanced version is being prepared according to the feedback got from around 600 IIT and Engineering students.
“All issues have been resolved. We will receive 70,000 improved Aakash tablets from Datawind by end of the January,” said Kapil Sibal. Sources from Ministry said Datawind may not receive any future order as they have violated the conditions in the contract such as offering the tablet PCs to the government first before putting them for sale in open market.
- Aakash tablet PC’s production base will be diversified: Kapil Sibal
- 3 more IITs to work for making world’s cheapest Aakash Tablet cheaper
- Mumbai University receives 25000 bookings of Aakash Tablet
- Govt to Issue Fresh Tenders For Aakash Tablet
- Aakash Tablet To Be Available On Rent in Colleges
- Aakash Tablet Delivery Delayed
- Aakash Tablet For Mumbai University Students
- Aakash Tablet Sold Out
- Order Your Aakash Tablet Now
- Aakash Tablet Commercial Launch Postponed To Jan 2012
- Aakash Tablet Version 2.0
- Aakash Tablet Updates
- The Unbelievable Price of the Aakash Tablet
- How to Buy Aakash Tablet?
- Specifications of Aakash Tablet – The Cheapest Tablet Yet
- Aakash Tablet